How to prepare for the contractor’s visit?
Two weeks prior to the planned visit, you should receive notice from the appointed contractor, Miron Septic Tank, informing you of their upcoming visit and asking you to ensure that they can successfully empty your septic system during their visit.
Here are your responsibilities:
- Let the contractor access your property (open fences, tie dogs out of reach, etc.);
- Make sure the site is safe and accessible and that your civic number is also visible from the public highway;
- Locate the lids of your septic tank on your property so that they can be spotted at first glance;
- Remove the two covers of your septic tank or sump by excavating, if necessary, the earth or other materials that cover them. Leave a clearance of 20 cm (8 in) all around the lids;
- Both lids do not have to be opened in advance; only cleared. If you have a plastic tank, undo the nuts and screws of the lids. If there is a small and a large lid, the large lid should be accessible;
- If you have a Bionest system, disconnect the recirculation pump and make sure the water level is high enough before turning it on again;
- No obstacles should be placed within 1.5 m around and 3 m above the septic system.
- Your presence on the premises at the time of the emptying of your septic tank is not required. The contractor will leave an execution slip in a visible place on the premises.
Please ensure that all these conditions are fulfilled as of the Monday morning of the week scheduled for the emptying of your septic tank. Note that if the septic system is not accessible or access is denied, a $ 60.00 travel fee may apply.
If you do not think you can meet these conditions, it is your responsibility to contact the Municipality or the appointed contractor as soon as possible to make the necessary arrangements for the emptying of your facility.